Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Yes, Trump is Guilty

 Friends,

I had hoped that the world would take a turn and truth would start to assert itself.

Unfortunately, it has not, on the political scene.  So I have decided that I should begin raising my voice in support of truth and sanity.

I am not interested in argument, but am very open to honest dialog, at least behind the scenes. I am glad to receive emailed comments also, in order to have open direct dialog.

This first post is titled, as you can see, Yes, Trump is Guilty.

************************************************

Guilt is more than a verdict.

If I watch a murder or a robbery, I am a witness to it. I know who is guilty because I have witnessed it.

On January 6, 2021, I was a witness to an insurrection. I watched it on television. I was planning to go to Kohl's for a shopping trip with my sister. We passed the television on our way out the door, and could not move. We watched all afternoon. We saw with out own eyes the attack on the Capitol Building. We saw a noose. We saw people attack the police and security.

It was mayhem. It was outrageous. It was traitorous. It was wrong.

We watched as the tv station replayed the exhortation of the man who was president at the time urged his supporters to march to the Capitol and to fight. That is what they did. 

The transcript from that speech is available here. https://www.npr.org/2021/02/10/966396848/read-trumps-jan-6-speech-a-key-part-of-impeachment-trial 

Because I saw this happen, I know that Trump is guilty of leading and participating in an insurrection. I don't need to wait for a verdict to be assured of his guilt. I am a witness.

There have been verdicts that underscore the facts and truths my eyes have seen. According to the Associated Press, "More than 1,230 people have been charged with federal crimes in the riot, ranging from misdemeanor offenses like trespassing to felonies like assaulting police officers and seditious conspiracy. Roughly 730 people have pleaded guilty to charges, while another roughly 170 have been convicted of at least one charge at a trial decided by a judge or a jury, according to an Associated Press database."

 Two defendants were acquitted.

Some of these folks were deliberately attempting to overthrow the government. Some were swept up in the emotion of the day and attempted to overthrow the government. They are guilty and are being punished.

I sat and watched the United States House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack on the United States Capitol (commonly referred to as the January 6th Committee), a bipartisan select committee of the U.S. House of Representatives, through hours and hours of testimony, primarily from Republican affiliated witnesses, as they methodically tracked down the facts about this event.

If you have not watched these testimonies, you must do so, to prove to yourselves that the guilt of Donald Trump is undeniable and indefensible. 

I have read much about this event. I have read much about the lies that Donald Trump has told about the 2020 election. I have heard no evidence that could possibly justify an insurrection. "After the 2020 United States presidential election, the campaign for incumbent President Donald Trump and others filed and lost 62 lawsuits contesting election processes, vote counting, and the vote certification process in 9 states (including Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin) and the District of Columbia. Among the judges who dismissed the lawsuits were some appointed by Trump himself." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-election_lawsuits_related_to_the_2020_U.S._presidential_election

Have you heard evidence? Have you witnessed anything that is contrary to this. No. You may have heard lies by Donald Trump and his lackeys, but you haven't heard evidence because there is none.

As a friend or acquaintance, I beg you to never vote for Donald Trump. 

Betsy DeGeorge


No comments: